Updated Oct. 15, 2019
If you’re tempted to add your own styles to a page you are making with Bootstrap CSS — stop and consult these pages FIRST. It’s so much better to work with styles that Bootstrap has already given us.
- Spacing — read everything under Notation to add margin or padding to any element
- Text — alignments, bold, italics, etc.
- Typography — make headings much larger, style pullout quotes and source attributions, and more — LOTS here
- Images — aligning them, centering, making responsive
- Buttons — make them bigger, smaller, full-width, etc.
- Colors — add the Bootstrap colors with these special styles
- Alerts — even more colors (lighter colors)
- Forms — all the styles for form controls, labels, etc.
Collapse is a Bootstrap replacement for jQuery hide/show.
Remember, all the things can be found in links on the left side of the Bootstrap Documentation pages.
IMPORTANT: The special layouts and devices such as the Carousel can be found on the Examples page. The code for those is in the GitHub repo on THAT PAGE — click the “Download source code” button and download the zipped repo file. Find the files you need by opening, in order, these folders: